Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Weekend Recap


We made it through another weekend! Sometimes I wonder- Why does the weekend fly by so quickly, but the work week sooo slowly? Thankfully, we don't have to list too many "reds" in this recap!

Friday:
  • Put away all of Ryan's freshly washed winter clothes
  • Finish decorating the front porch for Halloween (Solely for myself... you don't get many trick-or-treaters when you live in the middle of nowhere)
  • Do EK's laundry
  • Clean the kitchen, empty junk drawers
Saturday:
  • Hit a few local shops to find things to decorate our new living room shelf  (We got some  old books and an antique radio for next to nothing!)
  • ANOTHER baby shower. I'm surrounded by Fertile Myrtles. 

Sunday:
  • Weekly CVS trip See my Sunday post!
  • I'm most excited about this! EK and I are going to the pumpkin patch with my mom.  You can bet on lots of photos!
  • Plan my lunches for the upcoming workweek I planned them, and they were gross. Whatever.
Somewhere in There:
  • Update EK's clothing drawers. Out with the tiny, in with the monstrous.
  • Hang my Pinterest inspired-pallet shelf  I am trying to decide if I even like this thing..
  • Print photos from my camera
All in all, a lot was accomplished! Saturday, EK and I spent the majority of the day in town shopping. We met Ryan for lunch, and then headed to a baby Shower. EK was absolutely nuts at this point, and crawled all over the place, trying to rip into gifts and eat them. 
She spent the night with Ryan's parents Saturday night. It had been a while, and it was so hard to leave her! I am not real sure how we will do next month when we go to San Diego and leave her for a few days.  Ryan and I finally got the pictures and new shelf hung up in our living room, and it looks so much better!
Icky IPhone picture of before. I will post a separate entry later with the new look!


Sunday, EK and I met my mom and granny at the pumpkin patch! We had such a good time, and Mom took lots of great pictures of the day!
Granny Skeet, Me, and EK

EK was a little preoccupied with all of the straw.

Ready to go pick her pumpkin!

For me!?

Oh my gosh. I love pumpkins!

I am so ready for Halloween this year. It has always been one of my favorite holidays, and I can't wait to carve our pumpkins with EK.

What are your favorite Halloween traditions?


No comments:

Post a Comment