Saturday, June 29, 2013

Friday Friday on a Saturday

( I wrote this yesterday, but Blogger wouldn't post it. So, stupid title it is!)

This week has been so uneventful. Work during the summer drains the life out of me, and it's so hot that I usually just want to go home and do nothing. Ryan and I cooked dinner a few nights, I'm always surprised at how many different ways you can cook a chicken :) We had pizza one night. EK loves pizza night so we try to do that at least every other week or so.


Monday, I finally got my eyebrows waxed. It had seriously been like 6 months. I try to pluck them, but sometimes it just doesn't feel the same. Tuesday I came in to work a little early so I could take a longer lunch at our church's new women's Bible study. They call it the "Brown Bag Bible Study" which I think is really cute. It was really fun and I was surprised at the variety of ladies there! I think I should be like 75 or something, those age ladies are just my favorites!

We booked our 5th anniversary trip this week! Ryan and I went to Isla Mujeres for our honeymoon in 2008, and we'll spend our anniversary there this year. We've talked about going back several times since then, but between a move, building a house, a pregnancy, and me teaching at the college last year our anniversaries have been booked.  The island is tiny and so relaxing. The food is amazing, and it's just beautiful. I got so excited thinking about it Thursday that I wanted Mexican food right.then.  Thankfully we had guacamole fixings at work and we made some up to tide me until October :)

Friday when I picked up EK from Grana's house, she was playing dress up. She is the silliest girl. She was wearing a scarf and beaded necklace like a little old lady. Then she decided to be a "village girl" (oh my gosh... Sofia the First rules our TV) and wore it on her head.  Ryan had bought a watermelon earlier so we all ate that before we left. Ryan, EK and I headed to Texarkana and shopped for a little while, of course at Lowes where EK looked at all the "bafrooms" set up on display. See, she's silly.  We had a quick dinner at Chik-Fil-A and rounded everything out with a stop in Target. I gave EK a $15 toy budget, and she had the hardest time deciding what she wanted. She finally ended up with Lambie and Stuffy from Doc McStuffins.




Today we are just hanging around the house. We washed both of our cars this morning and cleaned the insides. It's a chore with Ryan's truck and my SUV!  Tonight we are having dinner with Ryan's family to celebrate Grana's birthday. I hope everyone has a great weekend.



Photobucket

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment