Sunday, June 9, 2013

Building Monster Scarers and a Family Get Together

I've complained a lot since March that I haven't had a Saturday to myself (or EK) in what feels like forever. I'm in the throws of my twenties and it seems like everyone just wants to have a kid or get married. Come on ladies. Let's get this over with, already ;)

I kid. Anyway, all the festivities of weddings, showers, and birthday parties left me tired and feeling like I haven't spent much quality time with EK. Friday night, a few of my mommy friends mentioned that they were taking their kids to Lowes Saturday morning to make Monsters University "Monster Scarers" at the Build & Grow Clinic.  It sounded fun, and it was free. I couldn't lose, plus I could run through the garden center and find something new for my porch.
  I signed her up, and off we went. We got a little kit on arrival, and EK got her very own Lowes apron.




I'm not going to lie, the kit looked super difficult. We eventually figured it out, and EK even got to use the hammer to nail her scarer together. It was the cutest thing ever. She got so comfy that she laid down on the floor and just kept hitting. She earned her very first patch for her apron, and we plan to go back for the next clinic!


After Lowes, we met Granny Skeet for lunch at Chick-Fil-A. EK loves her Granny so much, and she always wants to know what's in Granny's purse. As usual, there were a few prizes. We decided to go by the mall and Granny bought me two new dresses for church and my upcoming trip to Chicago.  We stopped at Chick-Fil-A AGAIN, this time the one inside the mall for a little ice cream.


Once we got home, it was time to get ready for our friends and Ryan's side of the family to come over for burgers and games. EK was so excited for her friends to come over that she couldn't fall asleep for nap.
We love having these precious kids and their parents come over, everyone gets along so well and the kids wear each other out! We had such a good time hanging out with everyone at once.
EK and her sweet friend.
Five minutes after the party.

This morning we went to church  .When we got home, Ryan made biscuits and fried eggs for lunch.  We've got a busy week ahead of us, but we're looking forward to an upcoming canoe trip the weekend of the Fourth of July!


Photobucket


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment