Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Ramblings.

2012 has been such a year full of blessings for me. I've put a lot of thought into how to be the person I want to be.. it doesn't include having a TON of friends, but being close to the special few I have. I want to be the best wife to my wonderful husband- he deserves it. I want to be a good mom to our little girl... babies these days have SO much to overcome in the world. I want to be intentional in the things I do with her, and mold her into a good person. I will let her be a BABY, a CHILD. It's OK- she'll grow up soon enough.

Most of all, I want everyone to feel the love that I have for them. Friends, family, patients, even my dogs... I hope they feel it. I know that I enjoy every precious moment I have with my sweet patients, and I love to be able to call them from time to time to just chat... I hope it brightens their day as much as it does mine.

Ryan and I have a special Valentine's Day tradition that we developed on accident. Right before our very first Valentine's Day, I was bathing our puppy, and got soaking wet. I casually mentioned how awesome it would be to have a detachable shower head so that I could bathe the dog without bathing myself as well. I guess he paid attention, because on February 14th, I had a brand new shiny detachable shower head. Most girls would probably be appalled at the gift- I, however, was amazed. From there, we have always stuck to a "low budget" approach- $10 or $15 limits. It is so much fun to see what one of us will pick out based on what we think will brighten the other's day. This year, I got a jar of Nutella and Ferrero Rocher candies (he even threw in an iTunes card...) I had just raved about them to my sister and mother in law the week before. What can I say? The man  just makes my heart smile.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. I hope that you will continue to share your love with those around you every other day of the year.



Photobucket


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment