Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Big Empty

Ummm.... so I didn't really plan to be away from my blog for a few weeks. I haven't been on any spectacular vacation, no new babies, no awesome new projects nothing very exciting at all.


I just haven't been in the mood.

I haven't been in the mood for friends, I haven't been in the mood to look at retarded Facebook messages about things that are better left for private life, and I haven't been in the mood to do much of anything but hang out with Ryan , EK and the rest of my family.

Oh, and look for our lost puppies.

Hank and Wylie are missing... they've been gone for 9 days. They were home when I left for work on Black Friday... when I came home, Ryan said he hadn't seen them all day. Charlie was still home. We are unsure if they were taken, shot, or killed by another animals. 

What we are sure of is that we miss those dogs with every ounce of human that we are. 

I've driven every mile of county road in our area. I've called all the local shelters. I've talked to strangers, neighbors, and people from 50 miles away who think they may have my missing babies. I've advertised in 3 papers, online, on Facebook, my mother in law has called the radio to have it broadcast. Yesterday, Ryan, my mother and sister in law, and I drove almost 3 hours to see if they had been carried to Canton for sale. 

Hank and Wylie were nowhere to be found.

I cannot explain the hole in my heart. I miss looking into the big brown eyes of Wylie and telling him all about my day... I miss how he loved EK and how he would let her "pet" him with only her index finger. I miss having my Hank there, always ready for a big hug or a ball to be tossed. 

I know that things could be a lot worse.

I am so thankful for a healthy, happy family. My husband and little girl keep me entertained, and I know this will get better. We adopted a new little dog, Shelby, yesterday. We really thought Charlie would like to have a new companion. He has been so lonely without his buddies. We are all still in the process of getting acquainted, but I think things are going well so far. Ryan and I are not giving up hope on finding our boys.

I really just wanted to say that I am still here.
"You think dogs will not be in Heaven? I tell you, they'll be there before any of us." -Robert Louis








2 comments:

  1. Kirby, I am so, so sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could do to help you....to find your original babies. :( {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought tears to my eyes.... I am hurting for you because you are my child. I wish this was something your mommy could fix....

    ReplyDelete