Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How to Save Money on Lunch at Work

I've been guilty of spending entirely too much money on lunch while at work. I'm surrounded by yummy places, and by the time I get myself and EK dressed every morning- there is just no time to make my own lunch.  Usually, if I take a lunch I just end up deciding that I don't really want it anyway. I have fickle taste buds, I guess.

I've really been trying to cut back on my spending, and see where a lot of my money goes. It didn't take long to realize that the cash goes to lunches out. Just ask my husband about my $1.08 debits at McDonald's, and $2.22 debits at Sonic.

 Today, while in Sam's Club, I got to looking at their food department. They had the yummiest looking pizza I have seen in a while! They had chicken wraps, chicken sandwiches, salads, and my all time favorite: hot dogs! I have a crazy love for all things hot dog. I think it stems back to the delicious "cheese hotdogs" my granny Skeet always made for me after school. She would slit them long ways, and place a thin strip of cheese in the opening. Holy crap, they are good. I could probably eat a salad with chopped up hot dogs and dressing. Or, maybe I could just put the lettuce on top of the hot dog?

Anyway, I bought a pizza combo. It consisted of a "piece" of cheese pizza that covered an entire plate and a large fountain drink. It was heavenly, and it was $2.70. Now I am stuffed. While I don't recommend this for the health conscious folks out there.... my advice is exercise. It helps.

Tomorrow, I think I will try the hot dog combo. It's a whopping $1.87. My wallet (and the husband) will be thanking me.


What are some of your favorite cheap eats?

No comments:

Post a Comment