Saturday, March 3, 2012

What I'm Listening To- Nostalgia Version

I've spent a little more time in the car than normal over the last week. I'll admit- I kind of like it. The weather has been gorgeous and I've been in the music mood. I've also been just a tad bit nostalgic.... when did I get to the point where I feel almost 30? This is nuts. Here's what I'm listening to this week:

#1  "Virginia" by Whiskey Myers You should probably just go watch this one... I love a good sad song with a story to go along. I talked about their second album, Firewater, last time I wrote about songs I love. 
"Earthquakes and hurricanes, slow moving freight trains... Girl, that's how you make me feel sometimes" 


#2  "Lonely East Texas Nights" by Whiskey Myers When you are married to a state trooper, this song title could totally describe your life.  This song's been on the playlist for a while, I remember driving home from working the hospital in Nacogdoches while listening to it.. Just a little nostalgia. This one's from their first album, Road of Life
"Somewhere in East Texas, you're out alone... but I can't dry your tears on the telephone. I'll come back to you I swear I'll make it right, I'm making my way back home on a red-eye midnight flight..."
#3  "1968" by Turnpike Troubadours When I was in high school, my best friend, Abby, and I would take my granny's 1982 Cadillac Brougham out on the town nearly every weekend. I have so many memories in that car, I learned to drive in it. I can park anything after driving that thing. 
"There ain't a thing in the world could take me back- like a dark haired girl in a Cadillac on the main street of an old forgotten town..."

#4  "Seashell" by Micky and The Motorcars I just like this one. The guitar gets stuck in my head every time I hear this song. The dude keeps the key under the seashell on the porch... I used to keep my house key under a seashell Ryan found on our honeymoon. There you go
"We don't ever really talk, and I guess that's all right with me. Seashell sits on top of rock, you know that's where I hide my key. Come the light of day, I watch you take your things and go, and I can't hardly sleep through the night anymore. "


#5  "Lonely River" by Curtis Grimes  Another old-ish tune, I fell in love with this guy at Banita Creek Hall in Nacogdoches. He ended up being on The Voice, and made out with some ugly chick... then ruined my whole view. Whatever, I have been on my nostalgic kick so here you have it.
 " I met her there a year ago, vacation time down in Mexico. A couple drinks and a couple songs, I had her laughin' all night long. She said she wanted to settle down, so I took he back to my hometown. All she wanted all along was just another name on her telephone. "


#6  "Whatever You Like" ...TI  Snort. Snort. I totally loved this at one point in time. I was probably quite inebriated. Is he still in prison?
I have no idea what they say????????????????????????????????


#7  "Texas in 1880" by Radney Foster and Pat Green  I'm a Pat Green fanatic. He was my introduction into the Texas Music scene when I was at the ripe age of 14. This song makes me want to load up and go to a livestock show.... or at least drive a little faster :) I just adore it.
"Be young, and wild, and free... just like Texas in 1880..." 


#8  "Songs About Texas" by Pat Green  Last one. What can I say? I love my state.
"So sing me one more song about old San Antone- it seems like a dream now, it was so long ago. Jerry Jeff Walker, he could be just like a coat from the cold, I'm going home. "  


You tell me- what song takes you back? 


Photobucket


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment