Friday, June 1, 2012

Shop House Tour: Living Room


Ryan and I have lived in our current home just over two years now. It's what we call a "Shop House", half of the roof covers our shop where we keep the tractor, mower, ATV, whatever. The man stuff goes in there. The other half of the building is our home. It consists of a large kitchen/ living room, one bedroom, a bathroom, and a decent size walk in closet.
  We built it in 2010 with the intentions of living here, paying off our land, vehicles, "getting started" type bills, etc.  We would then build our "big house" and have kids. Sounds like a great 5 year plan to me. Well, we lived here maybe 3 weeks when I found out I was pregnant with EK.  Panic set in. I always worried about where we would "keep her".  I was dead set against having a baby sleep with us. All I had to do to talk Ryan out of her sleeping in our room was remind him just how "unprivate" a baby in our room would be.  We considered building another closet in the bathroom, and setting up the crib in our current closet. In the end, we put her in the living room. It really has worked out fine so far, she sleeps through most anything.

You can see EK's corner in this picture, complete with foam mat and reading pillow..
  I hear people all too often say they need a bigger home before having a baby. In our case, that didn't prove to be a big deal. Here's a little peek into our living room.
View from the kitchen.
You never know what treasure you may find under our couch!



Shelving about the TV. I love the Willow Tree figurine, my aunt gave it to me when I lost my dog. Also, the old clock radio was a $5 find at a local flea market! As you can tell, I bought the tiny picture frame, but can't find a picture tiny enough to go in it.
"The Nursery"  I've been saying for 2 years that I need to spray paint EK's laundry basket. Oh well.

So there it is! Today we are linked up with Kelly's Korner for her Show Us Your Life Home Tour. There are tons of beautiful rooms linked at her site!


Photobucket



Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

3 comments:

  1. It's not too small neither I think is great for a family of 3 and sorry for mi english i'm from venezuela and i'm writing from my blackberry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And, her little corner is just perfect! I love how you made her crib in the living room work out for you guys. You do what ya gotta do, right?? :)

    I love finding other Texas bloggers! So glad you stopped by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good posting about Shop House Tour: Living Room

    ReplyDelete